Thursday, June 5, 2014

{p,h,f,r} Good light, goofy kid, lots of happy

Linking up with LMLD for {p,h,f,r}: 
round button chicken

{pretty}

Leia. And peonys. I was thinking I would be strong and resist the easy picture of flowers for {pretty}, but this is the prettiest thing on my ipad by far! (Got me, Auntie Leila!)


Pretty and happy: this headband I altered.  I am one who likes to save pretty things and hates to waste stuff I can make use of (and I often do find uses. I'm not just a hoarder!). Lately I have started watching shabby chic craft tutorials on youtube in the evening, because I am too tired to read. I love the inspiration to use my thriftyness and creativity for something productive. Here is my first headband. I am decently pleased. I want to make some little elastic ones for gifts for new babies. I made the flower barrette Leia is wearing, too!

{happy}
Lots of happy.
For one thing, I am happy we have had such sunny days, and that I am able to get some good photos like the one above. At this point, I do not have a good camera, or use a photo editing program of any kind. What you see is what I shot with my ipad. So, I'm thankful for good light and what nice photos it takes.

Here I am with my little Bilbo the day Hermione was taking some photos of us for my big strategic fashion for breastfeeding blog post. It took me a lot of time, but It's done and has been well received. So I'm happy!

This baby is happy! The photographer started playing peek-a-boo with the ipad. (Forgive the baby food under his nose. I promise that's what it is.)

Here's a twelve year old girl who just got her new sweatshirt! Hermione has been homeschooled all the way through sixth grade, and is heading to Trinity School at Greenlawn for 7th-12th. She is ready, academically and in every other way, and is so excited about this fall! I am happy that this transition is going to be pretty natural, and that she is ready. And I have successfully home educated one kid for K-6th!


I bought this couch on Memorial Day, unexpectedly, for $15. (As I told my husband, I do not make impulse purchases; but I sometimes make opportunistic purchases. That's what thrifting is!) This thing is a fabulous green, weighs a ton because it is super good quality, and is one hundred inches long. 100 in! Look, six children on there, and room for about three more! It is replacing a free one given by friends, that was looking pretty bad after our use and was not worth recovering. Happy, happy.



{funny}

This girl. "Mom! Someone painted on my forehead". Hmm, I wonder who...


{real}
I laid baby down on a hot afternoon, and he fell asleep. This cherub is not posed. 100% real.

Check out some more contentment in context at Like Mother Like Daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from phfr; love the kids-on-the-couch picture and your dress; I have the same one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Heidi! I love your name; My eight year old just read "Heidi" and loved it so much, I was thinking I should change her pseudonym :)
    Lands End dress, thrifted!

    ReplyDelete

Friendly comments welcome! I like to know who's reading my blog.